Can I create my own SSL certificate?
How do I get an SSL certificate?
- Prepare by getting your server set up and getting your WHOIS record updated (it needs to show the correct company name and address), etc.
- Generate the CSR on the server.
- Submit the CSR and other info to the Certificate Authority.
- Have your domain and company validated.
- Receive and install the issued certificate.
How do I create a free SSL certificate?
Open https://www.sslforfree.com in Google Chrome browser. It will display the web page as below. In the text box, enter the fully qualified domain name of your website e.g. www.tutorialsteacher.com. Click on the Create Free SSL Certificate button.